Thursday 15 May 2014

question time 3

If not now, then when?
If not now, then later. I´m always leaving things to the very latest moment which tends to drive me crazy but I just cannot change it. Lets just hope that later won't be too late.

Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
Not for mankind but definitely for me...some of the happiest moments of the last years will be imprinted on my mind forever (or the day I get dementia) but they are trivial: bonding with a then new friend while picking flowers at night, riding on the miniature Great Cockrow Railway and laughing my arse off, etc.

What does your joy look like today?
Joy can look different each day. A huge plate full of homemade Spaghetti Bolognese when you are really hungry. A hot bath when the day was crappy. A long lonely walk through London on a sunny morning with shoes that don´t give me blisters. A strong coffee when feeling exhausted. My bed.

Is it possible to lie without saying a word?
Of course it is! Everytime you smile and don't mean it its basically a lie. Another way is not correcting people when they make a (wrong) assumption.
Years ago I met the mother of one of my kindergarten friends. She complained that her daughter was taking so long to study and wasn´t as quick and streamligned as I was...couldn't have been more wrong but I remained silent - and lied.



If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?
Till the end, sounds like a decent person.

Which activities make you lose track of time?
I would love to give a profound answer now...but it is watching random crap and all time favourites on youtube. Too often I just want to have a quick look at 10pm and finish with blood shot eyes at 3am.

If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
Oh dear, I hope no one will ever have to rely on me as a teacher. I have not a lot of patience when it comes to that. I remember teaching my mother how to send a text on her phone...we got there in the end but more because she was determined even though I freaked out several times along the process.
But if I really would have to I guess it would be photography or painting.

2 comments:

  1. i really like this picture of the train :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the advantage of having a railway enthusiastic husband who drags me around historic railways :-)

      Delete