Sunday 11 May 2014

question time 2

...here the outcome of several hours of thinking...

Who do you love and what are you doing about it?
My husband, my father and our cat...I probably love a handful of friends too but I always feel a bit strange when describing this as "love". Saying that I am fond of them seems more suitable.
But what am I doing about it?? I married the man I love, I spend a lot of time with my father and I give our cat loads of treats and cuddles...I think that is enough?
That answer would have been substantially longer if the question would have been "What do you love".

What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
Oh, I´m full of beliefs many many people disagree with! Something in my personality hates being mainstream and since being a small girl I always loved to provoke.
Wanna get a taste?
Football is unnecssary!
Weddings should always be without guests!
Theatre is more entertaining than tv!
...
...
egg nog is disgusting!

But I guess belief means something more dignified here. I don´t believe in God. I bet that counts!

What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
Making a yeast dough that rises lovely.

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
Neither...it´s a sign of emotional upset. I´m not a crying person so not an expert on the matter. A German idiom says "somebody goes into the cellar to laugh" which means someone does have no humour or at least doesn´t show it. Well, I seem to do the crying in this metaphorical cellar.

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Sometimes wear the things I´m comfortable wearing in England in Germany too. Can´t really think of anything else, I guess I don´t care much about other peoples jugdement (this surprises me now to be honest). Have to think more about it...maybe drive a car?! What stops me from driving is that I always feared that I make mistakes and others will hate me for it. But maybe not, I´m happy sitting on trains.

Do you celebrate the things you do have?
Does this mean not being greedy or jealous? Being content with the things that are already there? Or does it mean wearing low cut shirts to show of a voluptuous bust?
I´m lost.

What is the difference between living and existing?
I´m not going to look it up now in the Oxford dictionary now.
For me existing means, well, that something/someone exists, is alive, is happening, is present.
To live means all of that but so much more. To experience, try, feel, do things, actively.
When I think about it could mean the exact opposite too...those seven questions are certainly not showing off the most eloquent or witty side of me!!!


1 comment:

  1. it's not about being eloquent or witty!!! very interesting answers. and I fully agree with you on the number of wedding guests :)

    ReplyDelete