Wednesday 28 May 2014

Get stuffed!

Get stuffed! Well, stuffing as you'll get to make your own anthropomorphic mousey creation in any pose you wish. 



I'm an open minded person and I love to try out new things. During my life so far I have tried out painting, drawing, life painting, pottery, fashion illustration, etc and the list of things I still wanna try is long.
Now I found an, hmm, unusual offer in my mailbox which doesn't tempt me in the slightest though.
A taxidermy workshop:
 
Loved by royalty, fashion designers and artists alike, taxidermy has been around for centuries and now it's in fashion and here to stay. After a resurgence of this delicate, intricate and sometimes polarising art-form back in 2013, this popular form of Victorian art is a must-do and thanks to Time Out, you can take a class with the massively in demand Margot Magpie who's classes have been perennially sold out.
Taking you step-by-step through the mouse taxidermy process - from ethical sourcing and preservation to stuffing and positioning, you will learn everything you need to know about preserving the image of the tiny creatures and creating beautiful displays that will not only look great in your home but will become a conversation starter too.
You imagination will be your only limit in this class as you can place your mouse in any scenario you choose. Will it smoke a pipe? Wear a top hat? Or ride a bicycle? Only you will know.
The mice used are feeder animals for snakes and lizards. Not only would they usually be discarded if they weren’t sold, but the reptiles that eat them wouldn’t be able to survive if the feeder rodents weren’t commercially available.
 Taxidermy Workshops London


Well, just another proof that London offers something for everyone! I will wait instead for the millinery workshop to be on offer again. But maybe I got one of you interested now!?!

2 comments:

  1. das ist für mich eine der merkwürdigsten leidenschaften, die man so haben kann... mir entgeht diese fasziniation völlig. ich hätte ja fast den artikel überhaupt nicht gelesen, weil das foto mich schon so abgeschreckt hat :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yummy.
    I think I'll join you in waiting for the millinery workshop instead.

    ReplyDelete