Monday 27 May 2013

The Drowning

author: Camilla Läckberg
published: 2008


plot: In the Swedish village Fjällbacka a man disappears and his friends are receiving anonymous threats. Detective Patrik Hedstrom and his wife Erika Falck are eager to find out the truth but the victims themselves are concealing evidence. Is their silence driven by fear or guilt? And what is the secret they would rather die to protect than live to see revealed?
It´s the sixth book of the Hedstrom/Falck series.

what I liked: My first ever crime novel!
And I picked well...it is written like a "normal" novel, closely describing the peoples everyday life, their thoughts, their feelings and all normal things. The crime scenes are not bloody and the suspense was bearable

what I didn´t like: It was slightly lenghty at times but improved again towards the end.

verdict: I liked it! Think I might read another crime novel again soon as this was actually rather pleasant. Maybe I should have started with book no 1 of the series but I will keep my eyes open in the charity shops bookshelves. Recommend it for sissies like me, hardcore crime readers will probably get turned off by all the descriptions of nappy changes and coffee making.

No comments:

Post a Comment