Tuesday 16 August 2011

Music Challenge (27): A song that you wish you could play

Easy question:

"La valse d' Amelie" from the film "Le fabuleux destin d' Amelie Poulain"

I own an old piano and my granny used to play it but I was never eager enough to learn it proper, what a shame. But this music really wants me to be able to. One of the greatest pieces composed for the piano. Full of emotions, memories...just everything (I'm still convinced I'm the real life Amelie just with lighter hair, double her size and a better taste when it comes to shoes).
Last time in Paris my husband and I bought a little musical box on the Ile St. Louis which plays that tune when you turn the little crank. Pure magic. If anything will get me to sit down and actually learn playing the piano then it is this...(ok, this youtube version is a bit too "heavy" and gets the timing wrong at times but you get the idea anyway)


No comments:

Post a Comment